Three O’clock Banana Bread
Named because it packs an energy punch for that mid-afternoon slump.
To make 1 loaf:
75g medjool dates
100g Pure sunflower margarine
125g raw cane sugar
2 tsp Orgran egg replacer
4 tbsp water
3 bananas (really ripe; more brown than yellow)
100g gram flour
3 tsp gluten free baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/ Gas Mark 3. Line your loaf tin with baking parchment or a loaf tin liner.
2. Chop up the dates so the pieces are similar in size to the biggest raisins.
3. Cream the margarine and sugar together. Mix in the egg replacer and water. Worry unnecessarily about the weird texture.
4. Mash the bananas with a fork and add to mixture. Add the dates and raisins. Give it a good stir.
5. Sift the two flours and the baking powder into the bowl and fold these into the mixture.
6. Give it one final really good stir. Put the mixture in the lined loaf tin. Bake for about an hour, but check after 50 minutes. It’s ready when a knife poked into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin.