“I want to do it myself” chocolate cake
This is a very forgiving recipe.
240g gram flour
3 tsp gluten free baking powder
200g raw cane sugar
25g Orgran egg replacer
4 tbsp cocoa powder (check for added allergens)
9 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
340 ml water
1. Preheat oven to 150°C.
2. Line cake tin with greaseproof paper.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Stir a bit too enthusiastically so some of the mixture flies out the top.
4. Add oil and vanilla essence to the dry mixture.
5. Ideally, gradually add water and mix well until smooth, but runny. In reality, get overexcited and dump it all in one go, and that works pretty well too.
6. Give it a really good mix, and pour into the lined tin.
7. Bake for 20 minutes then check the cake every 10 minutes until a knife poked in the middle comes out clean.
For extra, “I want to do it myself” fun, use Dr Oetker Easy Swirl Cupcake Icing (Chocolate or Vanilla flavour) to decorate, but check for your allergens.