The allergy brothers are obsessed with pretending to be the emergency services. They suddenly announced the other day that they were policemen and had to have doughnuts right now! This is the recipe that I rustled up and it turned out quite well considering.
1 tsp sugar
125 ml boiling water
125 ml cold water
1 tbsp dried yeast
1 packet of Orgran pizza and pastry multi mix
20 ml sunflower oil
75 g sugar
Corn flour for dusting
75 g icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Dissolve 1 tsp of sugar in 125 ml of boiling water. Add 125 ml of cold water. Then mix in 1 tbsp of dried yeast.
3. Leave the mixture to do its thing. It will take approximately 5 minutes until it is frothy and active.
4. Empty contents of packet of Orgran pizza and pastry multimix into a bowl and make a well in the centre of the powder.
5. Add the water and yeast to the well. Combine with a spoon until it is forming a ball of dough and then knead by hand.
6. Add 20ml of sunflower oil to dough and knead until fully mixed.
7. Add 75g of sugar and knead again until fully mixed.
8. Split dough into 4 pieces. Dust a board or work surface with cornflour. Then roll each piece into a sausage shape.
9. Dust baking tray with cornflour and place dough sausage on tray into a circle shape by joining the sausage ends together.
10. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
11. Leave to cool.
12. Gradually add 1 tbsp of hot water to 150 g icing sugar until the mixture can coat the back of a spoon. Drizzle on donots and coat with sprinkles. We used De Ruijter dark chocolate vlokken.