I made this to celebrate my birthday. As it is my birthday, I treated myself to not faffing around with taking a photo, and just ate it. Everyone should have cake for brunch on their birthday.
110g Pure margarine
175g raw cane sugar
3 tsp Orgran egg replacer
200 ml almond milk
200g ground almonds
a pinch of salt
1 ½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
½ tsp xanthan gum
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tin of pineapple rings
1 glacé cherry per pineapple ring
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Cream the margarine and cane sugar. Slowly add the egg replacer and almond milk. The texture will look a bit unpromising. Try not to worry about this.
3. Spoon by spoon, add the polenta, ground almonds, salt, baking powder and xanthan gum until the mixture is well combined.
4. Grease a 20cm springform tin. Sprinkle the brown sugar on its base. Drain the pineapple rings and then arrange them in an even layer. Put a glacé cherry at the centre of each pineapple ring.
5. Spoon in the cake batter and smooth it down.
6. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 20 mins.
7. Using a plate, flip cake out of the tin. Serve with almond cream or single cream.