We’re back. After a long sabbatical involving illness, kitchen renovations, and other dreary things, we are back with lots of original recipes to share with you.
And I thought I would start off by treating you to a shortbread recipe.
100g chestnut flour
100g gram flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
75ml maple syrup
125ml sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 170C/Gas Mark 3. Line a tin with baking parchment.
- Sift the flours, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Pour in the oil and maple syrup. Mix thoroughly to create a soft, crumbly dough.
- Tip the dough into the lined tin and press it into an even layer, smoothing down the top with the back of a spoon. Prick the shortbread all over with a fork.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the shortbread is a rich brown colour. Take it out of the oven and immediately cut into 8-12 pieces. Then leave it to cool in the tin.
I served this slightly warm with fresh raspberries and whisky cream (for the dairy and alcohol eaters).