I am not quite sure how this happened, but the Allergy Brothers initiated Cake Friday. This means I bake them a cake every Friday! This has meant that I have had the opportunity to tweak my chocolate cake recipe (the original is here; you can also see that the Allergy Brothers’ cake decorating skills are improving!). It is still a very forgiving recipe that is easy to make.
200g gram flour
40g chestnut flour
3 tsp baking powder
25g cocoa powder
9 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add oil and vanilla essence to the dry mixture.
- Gradually add water and mix well until a smooth and runny consistency.
- Pour cake batter into the lined tin.
- Bake on middle shelf of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Check the cake with a skewer, if it comes out wet then bake for a further 10 minutes.