Please note that this post contains affiliate links to help me pay for the costs of running this blog. Thank you.
I love soups because they are frugal and healthy, but sometimes it’s nice to be a bit extravagant. This soup fits the bill. Saffron is the world’s most expensive spice, but it adds a beautiful colour and an earthy, but fresh flavour. I enhanced the earthiness with some Portobello mushrooms, and then added more richness with some almond cream.
I made the soup in my soup maker. You need to make sure all the vegetables are chopped to approximately the same size
2 shallots, peeled and chopped
2-3 large Portobello mushrooms, peeled and chopped
3 small potatoes, peeled if necessary and cubed
1 Knorr vegetable stock pot or stock of your choice
1 pinch of saffron
1. Chop all the vegetables to roughly the same size.
2. Put all the ingredients, except the almond milk, in your soup maker.
3. Add almond milk up to the minimum liquid level
4. Choose the blended soup option.
5. Get on with something else.
6. Come back to your decadent Saffron and Mushroom soup because you are so very worth it!