This is a very multi-purpose method. You can use it to coat tofu, white fish, chicken, quorn, etc. I used turkey strips. I haven’t provided exact amounts of ingredients because the quantities will vary each time. If your children like cooking and getting a bit messy then they will love making this recipe.
Something to coat in batter (tofu, white fish, quorn, chicken, turkey, vegetables, etc)
Gluten free seasoned flour (I used cornflour with salt and pepper; you add extra herbs, spices, or chilli)
Unsweetened cereal (I used cornflakes; Rice Krispies or spelt flakes would work as well)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut whatever you are battering into appropriate size pieces.
- Prepare your coatings. You will need a bowl of seasoned, gluten free flour, a bowl of gram flour mixed with water to the consistency of egg, and a bowl of your crushed cereal.
- Prepare a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Coat the item in the gluten free, seasoned flour, then the gram flour batter, and finally roll it in the cereal so it is completely coated. Place the item on the baking tray.
- Bake the goujons/nuggets for 20 minutes or until you are sure that the inside is fully cooked through.