This post contains an affiliate link.
This month, it has been really chilly here in the UK with some snow, so I have really appreciated being able to make easy, hot lunches with my soup maker (Tefal BL841140 Easy Soup and Smoothie Maker). This soup uses Za’atar, a Middle Eastern spice blend containing sesame seeds, sumac, oregano, cumin, and marjoram.
- 1 Eschalion shallot, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 500g carrots, peeled or scrubbed, and chopped
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot or stock of your choice
- 1 tin of butter beans, drained
- 1 tbsp. Za’atar spices (plus extra for serving)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
1. Chop and peel the shallots, garlic and carrots. Drain the butter beans.
2. Put all the ingredients in your soup maker.
3. Add water up to the minimum liquid level
4. Choose the “blended soup” option, and enjoy the amazing smell of spices filling your kitchen.
5. Serve with a sprinkling of Za’atar spices.