The Allergy Brothers made these Easter nests with chocolate eggs at school, using our recipe. It’s really great that the boys are always included in their class’ cooking.
75g margarine (we used Pure sunflower brand)
50g golden syrup
100g dark chocolate (we used Kinnerton free from chocolate)
100g breakfast cereal (we used gluten free flakes and Nature’s Path Munch)
mini chocolate eggs (we used Lindt dark chocolate mini eggs)
- Line a muffin tray with cases.
- Melt the margarine and golden syrup in a pan. Reduce the heat to low, add the chocolate, and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Remove from the heat, mix in the cereal, and stir until it is all chocolatey.
- Spoon into the muffin cases and make an indent in the centre. Place an egg in each nest.
- Chill the nests until they are firm.