After my annoying discovery that me and coconut are not friends, I decided to invent my own granola. It took quite a few attempts to tweak it, but this was very good. It has the right ratio of clumps for snacking to cereal for eating in a bowl.
100g maple syrup
300g dark chocolate
100g peanut butter
1 tsp salt
450g gluten free oats
150g flaked almonds
150g pecan halves
150g dates (chopped)
125 g Hilltop Honey Bee Pollen
- Preheat the oven to 150°C, and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the chocolate, maple syrup and peanut butter in a bowl over hot water.
- When the melted chocolate, maple syrup and peanut butter has cooled down a little, mix in the salt, oats, almonds, pecans and dates.
- Spread the mixture out on the baking tray, and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden. Stir once or twice during baking.
- Leave it to cool in the baking tray. Then mix in the bee pollen and store in an airtight container.